CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24

9 Months old....Wow!

Many exciting things happened this month! A lot of them toward the very end of the month.

But first some numbers:

Height: 28.5 inches, 75th percentile
Weight: 20 pounds 8 ounces, 75th percentile
Head: 90th percentile

First, I wanted to post this video of Jack and Reveille...he loves him!  This was actually taken at the end of December but I never posted it.



This month we took apart his green excersaucer that Uncle Danny and Jacquelynn gave him...on to stage 3 of this awesome toy.  (I don't have a picture of it yet as stage 3..guess that will be next month.)  Here is Jack in the green excersaucer right before we changed it.  As you'll see he was ready for it to transition to a walk around toy.



Jack's first word is Dad-da.  He has been saying it for a long time now.  I tried to get him to say Mama but he always returns with "dad-da".  Jack also loves bath time so we took this video showing both.



These photos were taken this past weekend.  Jack splashes so hard in the water I have to use a towel to shield myself from getting soaked.  He has also learned to lay on his tummy and move his arms and legs like he is "doggy paddling".  Don't worry, we never leave his side and usually both Ben and I are in the bathroom while Jack is taking a bath. 

The blue mat with ocean animals is so Jack won't slip.

"Mom!! I can't believe you are taking my picture! Geeze" 


Jack was trying to pull up the mat so Daddy was putting it back in place.

Playing with foam letters

Swimming in the tub

We hosted a Super Bowl party and Jack had some friends come and play in our new playroom.  It was sooo loud in that room! Nevertheless, it was exciting to watch all of the kids having fun.

From left to right McKinley, James and Jack

From left to right: Jack, McKinley, and James

I guess Jack isn't the only baby who loves to put things in his mouth.

The racetrack was a hit that night, and one of the toys that caused the most noise.
This is Jack after he learned how to put the cars in himself.

Ben's birthday (he turned 29, one more year till the big 3-0) was this month so the morning of his big day we went to the park and took a walk on the trail. We walked 1.5 miles.

Looking at the ducks in the pond...actually I think he is looking at the big waterfall

Moving along...drinking his sippy cup, still looking at the pond

Father and son...like the Christmas Eve candles?  
I guess I need to invest in some birthday candles before Jack turns one.

Jack's Valentine cookie that his cousins made.
This is after church where he has so much fun playing.... he misses his morning nap, so he is a little sleepy.
Later that day, we went to Grandpa and Sherry's house.  Grandpa taught Jack how to do "high five" and Jack still does it today!


Jack's First Valentines

His shirt says "#1 with the ladies"










One weekend, the weather was gorgeous!  We decided to wash our cars so we put Jack in his jumperoo outside while we washed Ben's car.



After washing the cars, Jack and Daddy chilled in the rocking chair.  Jack is eating his lil' crunchies which he loves.



The day before he turned 9 months, Jack started crawling forward.  He had been scooting backward and could crawl in a circle but never forward.  He would just lay on his belly and wave his arms and legs.  I thought I'd get his glow worm and see if he would crawl to it and he did!



Other big things that happened this month:
  • Jack got his first teeth...the bottom right front tooth came in and then two days later the bottom left tooth started to come in.
  • Jack was moved from the newborn room at church to the crawlers room...even though he couldn't crawl yet.  They said he was bored in the baby room and had more fun playing in the other room.  I think he was bored in the newborn room at 4 months...he definitely has to be doing something, he doesn't like to sit still.

1 comments:

Robin

Precious! Can't believe how fast they are growing up. Aubrey Kate is still eating her Valentine's card too. It's a race to see if she can tear some off to chew before I can get it away from her!