I had to stop and write this down. Jack and I were eating lunch today. Together!!!
I've been giving him pieces of meat, cheese and fruits since February but he only liked crunchy, dry finger foods. He couldn't stand anything wet or mushy. About two days ago, I gave him some pancakes again and this time he picked them up and started eating them. I tried to give him some peaches but he did not want any of that. The next day I put the peaches down first and he picked them up right away and ate them all! I've also given him blueberries and he loves those too. He still only has his two front, bottom teeth but somehow chews all of these things and swallows them fine.
So for lunch today, he had turkey. And can I say the new Oscar Meyer carving board meets are great for him. They are easy for me to tear into bitty pieces for him to eat. He also had some cheese torn apart and even ate some shredded cheese (which he hadn't wanted until now). He had some crackers and then some gerber mixed berries melt aways. I need to go to the store and get some more fruits and vegetables for him now that he is actually eating them.
Jack has also started drinking his milk during the day in a sippy cup. He still gets a bottle in the morning and at night but everything else in a sippy cup. He is doing great with this transition.
Also, today he started saying "Na-Na" constantly, which is the closest he has ever come to Ma-Ma. So we'll see where that goes.
Wednesday, April 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Baby Jack
About Me
- Cindy
- Busy Busy Busy...love my life as a wife and a mom.
The Goodyear Family
1 comments:
I think he was really trying to say "Papa".....
I wish.
Post a Comment