CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 6

Teacher Conference Fall 2011


So, this past week I met with Jack's teacher for the fall  parent teacher conference.  I was excited to hear all the wonderful things she was going to say about Jack.  What parent isn't?

She started off by saying how great he is and how much they enjoy having him in class.  He gives them lots of laughs during the day...they say he is very funny and talks up a storm.  I also think he is one of the older ones in his class.

She mentioned that they are working on colors with him because he already knows and can say purple for sure.  He sometimes says yellow and can identify it and is working on blue.  Sometimes he says "a clue, a clue" very excitedly instead of the word blue.

He seems to be right on track with everything he should at his age...the only thing he isn't is singing songs.  Which is interesting since we've all been singing to him since he was born.  *Side note- Ben read this and for some reason this paragraph bothered him.  He took it as something was wrong with Jack because he isn't "singing" yet.  So I told him I would put in that he did sing "Bye, Bye, baby" this summer and sings the Aggie War Hymn...the ending to it.  But Jack has no reason to sing these songs at school so it is just something that  they haven't seen him do yet.

His teacher says he loves to push the cars and trucks around, loves art- messy art- and loves the home center.  She said he'll put food in the microwave of the play kitchen and then punch the buttons.  She said he can hold a crayon, marker and paint brush and can run, walk, throw balls, and bounce balls.  The last thing she mentioned was they might move him up to the older toddlers at semester.  That would be sad because I LOVE his teacher but I know he will learn so much more from those who are a bit older than him.

I've taken pictures of his form that they send home each day and put them on a separate post.  You can read his September forms here and his October forms here.

New words since June:
map- "say map, say map" from Dora
go- Ben has taught Jack that every time he throws the ball he needs to "go" after it.  Also, when he is in the wagon and it stops he says "go, go"
milk- it's interesting to me that he is just now saying this word.  It sounds like "me"
clock- this would be thanks to a Halloween Dora episode that we watched about 100 times 2 weeks leading up to Halloween.  But now he knows how to say and recognize a clock.
uh-oh- this is his cue word for doing something bad.  He has an uh-oh mat that he also knows is his uh-oh mat.
oh no!- that is how he says it, with the inflation as if something bad has happened.
bubbles
turtle
shapes
circle
yellow
purple
car keys
star
cow
duck
bea band - for the Fresh Beat Band
two
close
flower
plane- when he hears a plane, even if he is in his room, he'll look up to the sky, point and say plane

He repeats lots of words when we say them, but I don't count these as words he knows if he doesn't use them often.

0 comments: