CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 22

Last Monthly Update Post - 24 months

I have already begun to create a new blog so this will be the last post in the "Little Jack's Corner" blog.  With the addition of baby Kyle, we need a blog that can highlight both boys plus family events.

Anyway...here are some facts about Jack that we have gathered over the past couple of months.

  • knows green means go on the stoplight...of course this is fun when the light is red, all he says yells is "green GO" until it turns green.  He can also say "green arrow"
  • has grown to love car rides.  This is good and bad.  When I just need to run to the bank, a short trip, he knows when we are getting closer to home.  He'll start to whine and say "car ride!" meaning he doesn't want to go home yet.  The good side of it is that we just got back from a trip to San Antonio and he did AWESOME!
  • Knows where different places are.  When we turn onto Collins street from Abrams heading south he starts to say "Linda's house", meaning school, his teacher is Mrs. Linda.  He also says Doctor every time we drive by the Doctor's office even though he hasn't been in a month or so.  He knows when we are on our way to church and like I said above, when we are close to home.
  • has mastered buckling the top part of his car seat. 
  • his favorite songs to hear Daddy sing are "Hokey Pokey" and "Old McDonald"
  • his favorite songs to sing are "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Jesus Loves Me", "Rock a bye Baby" and newest addition is "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"
  • his favorite tv shows are Dora and Bubble Guppies
  • he can say sentences like "I see Daddy" or "I see Emmy".  He's also trying to say other sentences but it sounds like "blablabla car ride".  So you have to pay attention to the ending of each "sentence" to know what he wants.
  • Jack can count up to 14 but usually skips #7.  Here is a video of Jack counting 1-9.  Ben had been working with Jack and these blocks (which we don't normally do) but Ben was trying hard with Jack to say "seven" when counting.  So he does.


Busy Bags - 
A group of about 20 of us joined together (through a Faceook group) and created Busy Bags.  My job was to create 20 of these Egg Carton matching bags.  It was pretty simple.  I requested anyone and everyone to bring me their used egg cartons, ordered easter eggs from oriental trading (it was around Easter so they were on sale plus free shipping) and then painted the bottom of the egg cartons.  I think the trickiest thing was finding 2-gallon ziploc bags to fit them in.  I eventually found those at Walmart.  Here is Jack trying out my busy bag and he loved it and conquered it on the first try.  Now we just need to try the advanced part of this activity.




One of the other activities that came once we swapped the busy bags and got our 20 different ones was this color matching, hand eye coordination activity.  Jack is holding a pipe-cleaner and is matching it to the hole that is colored the same.  He loves this.  This is one of our favorite busy bags to take to a restaurant.



This face reminds me of my brother when he was this age.  Very focused and precise.

Visiting Nanny and Papa - April 23
Once a month we try and visit my Nanny and Papa who live about 2 hours north in Whitesboro.  Usually we go up on a Monday morning.  Get there around 10 and then leave around 1.  I'm not sure how much more we can get up there before baby Kyle comes.  It is physically exhausting for me.  The drive. Watching Jack.  The drive home.  And usually no nap for Jack so no break in the day for me.  

Here are some shots of Jack and Papa in Papa's backyard.  Jack is running toward the gate to go visit the horse.


Jack found Papa's tools and enjoyed opening and closing the tool bench.  He also would get out each tool he knew the name of and said it's name.  The hammer, screwdriver, wrench, saw.  Here he is with a tape measure.  Loved this.



Random Pictures




Ben put this on Jack's head...he wasn't too fond of it.

First Family picnic...a great day

I'm super pale!

Jack enjoying his race car

Jack wanted a picture with bear and lion

"look at me"  building a tower with daddy.  Actually this is Big Bird's house since he and Abby aren't allowed in the Sesame Street Playhouse.

Reading his "Noah" book

He said "I fixed it Mommy, I fixed the circles"  he was so proud.



MayFEST with James - May 4
We met James, Jennifer, and Jerimiah at MayFEST in Fort Worth.  Neither of us had ever been so we didn't know what to expect.  It was a really cute festival.  The first thing we did was go to a petting zoo area.  It was already really humid outside and this petting area was in an enclosed building with very little air flow.  So I let Ben take Jack inside.  Jack standing next to a donkey.  He looks a little unsure.

Then we came across this cool little house that you could do chalk on.  Jack is on the left and James is on the right.


Jack and Ben looking at the big sand mound.  Jack does not like to get dirty (just like his daddy) so he didn't really want to have any part of this sand.


James trying to get Jack to play in the sand.



First Preschool Performance
Jack had his first preschool performance this year.  Unfortunately it was one of the nights Ben was out of town.  It was a little stressful trying to get Jack to his room on time but in the end it turned out great.  Here is his outfit and the video below is his class performing.





Mother's Day
Not my most favorite day.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my mom, step-mom and mother-in-law.  But I guess since we all live in the same area it can be stressful to try and make everyone feel special on this weekend.  I know this is probably my own fault because I do want to make them feel special but by doing that it means taking time and energy.  Anyway, it was a great weekend.  The morning of Mother's Day, Ben got me donuts and I got to open a sweet present from Jack and Ben.


Mimi and Jack on the swing

Bye-Bye...see you in my new blog.


4 comments:

Heather

Cindy, first off all, I peeked at your 2nd birthday party for Jack- amazing! You are quite the hostess! I wanted to ask you about the quiet bags. Do you have any thing written out? I know a bunch of my friends with kids would be interested in these.

Heather

Cindy, first off all, I peeked at your 2nd birthday party for Jack- amazing! You are quite the hostess! I wanted to ask you about the quiet bags. Do you have any thing written out? I know a bunch of my friends with kids would be interested in these.

Cindy

I don't know how else to give you this info besides just copy and pasting it. If you want it in a word document just send me your email and I can send it to you.

Busy Bag Swap Guidelines and Overview:
A busy bag is a Ziploc bag filled with an activity that will keep your toddler or preschooler engaged and playing/learning.

This swap is designed so that you only have to buy supplies and assemble 1 activity (for 20 people) and in return receive 20 different bags (you will actually receive 18 activity bags and 1 tote bag for carrying and storing).

YOU WILL BE MAKING 20 BAGS TOTAL.If you are unable to make the swap, you should be prepared to either give your bags to someone coming or mail them to me so I can take them to the swap.
Out of town people should have their bags mailed to me 1 week before the swap priority mail. You should also send the money to have your bags mailed back to you.The busy bag activities will range in age from toddlers to preschoolers.
As the coordinator, I will make sure the bags will range in activities, skills and age levels. I will also give activities that will be $3.00 or less, however, most will fall in the $1-$2 range. You may have to get creative to stay within your budget.
All bags should be labeled on the outside of the bag.All bags should come with instructions. Using an index card and placing it inside the bag would work great.
Stick to the activity given to you. If you want to change/add something to it, that is fine, as long as the concept is the same. If you have questions about this please message me.
Because we are talking about toddlers, there will be a few required things for the activities:
o Laminate all paper where applicable
o Use cardstock on things that will be used over and over
o Use firm felt

Cindy

Here are the links to the bags
Busy Bags
1.Clothes Pin Words
http://www.imperfecthomemaking.com/2011/11/while-backi-whipped-up-little-game-for.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ImperfectHomemaking+%28The+Complete+Guide+to+Imperfect+Homemaking%29

2.Matching Color Shades
http://totschool.shannons.org/?p=2954

3. Popsicle Stick Puzzles-
http://www.motherhoodonadime.com/kids/popsicle-stick-puzzles/
http://shared.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/art/ColorPuzzles.pdf

4. Bottletop Barnyard-
http://planetoftheapels.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-1-bottletop-barnyard_01.html

5. Geo Boards
http://planetoftheapels.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-7-geoboards.html

6. Velcro Matching Rods-
http://codyandchelseagroves.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-8-velcro-matching.html

7. Playdough Mats-
http://planetoftheapels.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-5-playdough-mats_05.html

8. Egg Carton Matching-
http://codyandchelseagroves.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-7-egg-carton-match.html
http://engagingtoddleractivities.wordpress.com/2009/04/20/egg-cartons/

9. Bean Bag Games-
http://planetoftheapels.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-10-stoplight-toss.html

10. No Sew Felt Fish-
http://unsolicitedadvice-n-such.blogspot.com/2011/06/easy-felt-fish.html

11. Lacing Cards-
http://totschool.shannons.org/?p=3422

12. Dry Erase Boards-
http://www.orientaltrading.com/dry-erase-lap-boards-a2-56_7001-12-1.fltr?Ntt=dry+erase

13. Felt Snowflake-
http://albertafamily.blogspot.com/2010/03/snowflake-activity.html

14. Shades of Color-
http://planetoftheapels.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-3-shades-of-color.html

15. Button Snake-
http://codyandchelseagroves.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-6-button-snake.html

16. I Spy Bottles-
http://codyandchelseagroves.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-9-i-spy-bottles.html

17. Pipe Cleaner Fun-
http://codyandchelseagroves.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bags-day-11-pipe-cleaner-fun.html

18. Pool Noodle Lacing-
http://planetoftheapels.blogspot.com/2011/09/busy-bag-swap-day-2-pool-noodle-lacing_01.html

19. A-Z Matching Cards-
http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2010/05/z-review.htmlhttp://shared.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/phonics/A_ZLetterMatch.pdf

20. Fine Motor Skills- For the tweezers- http://www.discountschoolsupply.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=27664&keyword=AP97060J&scategoryid=0&CategorySearch&Brand&Price&ES=%3D&es=4523500000W http://shared.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/math/1-10stickersheet.pdf
http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2010/05/prek-numbers-shapes-colors-review.html