CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 4

4th of July 2001

This 4th of July was nothing like I thought it would be.  It started out with our the FBCA Patriotic/USO show.  Ben took Jack to the show and he did really well.  He ate his snack, took a 20 minute nap and then was great the rest of the show.

 
Jack enjoying the show... and his thumb :)

 
Sleepy baby

 
Trying to figure out what is on Mama's head

 
In a daze

 
Family pic

 
My group of ladies did "Sing, Sing, Sing" and dressed as flappers.  We got to do a little choreography for our song too...on stage...in the sanctuary!  : 0


Then the next weekend, we went to the Fort Worth Symphony's Concerts in the Garden...Patriotic concert. We go every year with Ben's family, reserve a table and eat fried chicken and yummy side dishes.  This was Jack's first year to attend.  And first year for fireworks.

 
Goodyear Grandkids

 
Jack sat in his stroller and read is book after eating dinner

 
Focused while Mama holds a fan in front of him

 
Jack wanting to hold his fan

 
So serious!

 
Abby walked by and perked him up

 
With KK

 
Playing with the flag

 
Sitting with dada during the concdert


 
Worn out

 
Still napping before the fireworks

 
Woke up just in time!

 
Excited about all of the noise and lights that the fireworks make

 
Squinting because they were pretty bright

 





So, for the actual 4th of July, we did not do anything like we normally would.  I decided the night before that we weren't going to go to the parade.  Ben asked if I was feeling ok because I always insist we go to the parade.  I was just so exhausted from the weekend that I couldn't imagine getting everything ready that night for the next morning.  So we slept in, then went on a walk that morning and later that day went to the pool as a family.  It was so good not to be stressed.

0 comments: