Our Easter weekend began with a Pancake Breakfast at my childhood church with Mimi and Papa Steve. So we began by eating pancakes. Last year, Jack would eat some of the sausage; this year he wouldn't eat any of it. No pancakes. No sausage. Anyway... afterwards we headed to Trinity Hall to wait for the Easter Egg Hunt to begin.
The Easter Bunny came into the room so kids could go up and give him a hug. Jack was very unsure of this. This is as close to the bunny as he would get.
This is Jack taking it all in. There were lots of kids in the room and I think he gets a little overwhelmed with all of the noise and movement.
We had to get his Easter Basket in the picture
Jack picking up a basketball egg.
Here is Jack eyeing his competition. Not sure what to think about others picking up eggs that I'm sure Jack thought were "his".
Mimi and Jack are on a roll. His basket is already full.
I'm watching and at some point I remember saying "mom, he has plenty of eggs" and she replied "so, that's not the point" She was very competitive that day. :)
Everything was going fine until this boy came into the picture. Up until now, Jack had been in an area where no one else was. Let me also preface this story to say that there were what seemed like thousands of eggs, plenty for each child to have more than enough.
Jack, after picking up the pink egg, has now noticed the boy.
I guess this boy got too close to Jack's territory. This is a "Mimi, that's my egg!" look on Jack's face. Also known as, Jack hasn't gotten the concept of sharing down.
We both try to tell him it's ok, he already has a lot of eggs and we are sharing. Then this boy's grandma came over and gave Jack the egg the little boy had in his hand. I'm sure she thought the little boy took it from Jack, but I tried to tell her it was ok. Jack won't learn to share if he gets his way every time.
Easter Morning
I liked my table decorations so I thought I'd take a picture of it. I didn't have any other Easter decorations out this year since our attic is stuffed and will be until I get out the old baby clothes/toys/gear for Kyle.
The Easter bunny came and brought Jack 12 mini Mickey Mouse books which he now loves. This box has a handle and he loves to carry it around. He also got a bubble blowing gun that lights up, two cute eggs with fruit snacks inside and a Big Bird and Abby to go with his Sesame Street house. Funny story about Big Bird and Abby...Jack has had his Sesame Street house for so long now he does not feel like BB and Abby are allowed to play in the house. Every time we try to put them in the house he takes them and throws them out. Literally.
Jack getting into his chair at the table and eyeing all of his goodies.
Jack loved the bubble machine. We didn't realize how much soap would get on the floor once they popped.
Family Easter photo
We had lunch at KK and Papa's. There they had a small egg hunt for the kiddos. Jack got his own little area to hunt, otherwise the big kids would have gotten all of his eggs.
Jack showing KK all of his eggs that he found.























0 comments:
Post a Comment