We started a new tradition with our little family this year. It started out when Ben, Jack and I lit the advent candle on the first Sunday of advent at church. We did the 8am service since that was the best time for Jack...being that it was between meals and nap. Then the next week came around and I remembered as a kid, my family would read a ditty and light the advent candle each Sunday night of advent. So I thought it would be fun to start that.
Each week we have read what our Preschool/Children's ministries had created. It's a little booklet that I downloaded from online (you can download it, print it, and put it in your Christmas decoration boxes for next year if you want) and it has some scripture using The Message translation and then some reflection questions for kids and specific things to pray for as a family...along with lighting the specific candles and what those candles mean. Here is a picture of our advent wreath the 4th week.
Last Sunday night our Preschool Ministry at church had a Story time with Dr. Wiles event. All of the preschoolers came dressed in their Christmas pajamas and sat around Dr. Wiles and a rocking chair while he told The Christmas Story...with props!! Afterwards, they had milk and cookies for the kids. Super cute, loved it!
| Waiting for the story to start |
| This is my favorite picture...Jack is listening to the story...SERIOUSLY! |
| Dr. Wiles with his props |
.
Then we got some pictures with our friends kids.
| I took Jack away from his bottle to get him to get his picture taken with the other kids... then Blake and Carson didn't want to have their picture taken, so it was Jack and Kaitlyn |
| Jack saying high to Carson |
| Kaitlyn giving Jack some sugar |
Hawkes Family Christmas
Ben's family on his mom's side gets together every year at Christmas time. They always eat good food, sing songs with Ms. Ellis and put on a Christmas Pageant. This year Jack got to be Baby Jesus. I've included a video of the pageant.
1 comments:
I love it! The pictures are SO CUTE! He was the star of the Christmas pageant...he and Grant! Two handsome boys.
Post a Comment