CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 18

Santa Clause

I want to start off by saying that I know that Jesus is the reason for the Season.  I don't want anyone reading this post to think that all I care about at Christmas time is Santa and gifts.  I just have pictures to go with this post right now and later I'll post something about our family time and lighting the advent wreath.

I love Santa!  Honestly, I think it is the tradition of Santa that I love.  I love my family's traditions especially at Christmas time and Santa is a big part of that.  It's not even about the presents, I can't really put into words what it is.

Ben likes to joke every year at Sunday School when our teacher asks, "when did you find out about Santa?"  and Ben always says that I need to close my ears because I never really "found out" about Santa.  Growing up there was never any discussion about it.  I do remember my parents telling us about my Great- Grandma and how one year she found all of her presents in a closet and never got any gifts after that.  So I think we just all took that as don't ever say anything.  It was definitely an unspoken thing. Even with all of my cousins in Colorado (we go every other year with my  mom's side of the family, except this year, I'm going to miss you guys!!) we would never say anything about it.  It wasn't until after you were out of high school that you talked about it, and even then it felt weird.  Thinking back on it now, I have no idea where our gifts were stored or how our Santa gifts made it to Colorado without us finding them.  And we had some pretty large items, I know Danny got a bike one year.  Needless to say I was very excited for Jack to meet Santa.


One Friday Ben, Jack and I were going to the mall to get Ben some new clothes.  I thought I'd go ahead and dress Jack in a cute outfit just in case there wasn't a long line to see Santa.  There wasn't a long line, we only had to wait 10 minutes maybe.  So, I put Jack on Santa's lap, they both looked at each other and then Jack looked at the camera for this picture and then he started to get a little scared.  When I went to pick him up I was like "look Jack it's Santa!"  That Santa looked so real, it was very exciting.

Then, Monday night we went to Santa on the Roof at Ben's brothers house.  They have been hosting this event for many years now, but this was our first time to go.  We arrived and there were about 150 people on their front lawn.  The kids were told to sing Christmas carols loud so that Santa could hear them.

Ben singing

Kids Singing

Then after about 10 minutes Santa arrived!!  With his 3 trash bags (haha) full of goody bags




Santa had a mic and called out the name of each kid. Then the kid got to stand in the circle of lighted candy canes and Santa throws down their sack full of goodies.  This did take a while and Jack's bag was of course in the last trash bag but it was fun to watch all of the other kids.

Jessica, Ben's sister in law, standing in the circle of lighted candy canes

Waiting for his name to be called

waiting for Santa to throw down his bag

So excited!!  haha...it was past Jack's bedtime

0 comments: